- Work with the design co-ordinator to leading/managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers working closely with Project Managers and discipline Team Leaders.
- Preparation of detailed design reports/specifications/component datasheets.
- Engineering calculations
- Production of engineering reports, calculations drawings etc.
- Working with mechanical designers on issues such as plant layout and component specifications.
- Liaison with other engineering disciplines.
- Liaison with clients and contractors.
- Attend design co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
- Procurement/construction support.
- Project documentation control.
- Role will involve a period of time in the proposals team to coordinate and control the proposals through the division.
3) Undertake own continuing professional development.
4) Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards.
5) Work may require travel in the UK and/or abroad to offices and/or sites.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /--><?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /><o:p></o:p>
Preferably a Master’s Degree.<o:p></o:p>
Minimum of a 2:1.<o:p></o:p>Working towards Chartered Engineer Status preferred but working towards Incorporated Engineer Status acceptable.
Knowledge of the Natural Gas or petrochemical industry an advantage.
Knowledge of UK and/or International design codes, standards and specifications an advantage.
Fluent written and verbal English.
Competent with MS Office suite of programs.
Ability to work on own initiative on technical and business matters and manage their own time.