To provide technical and professional expertise as part of an enthusiastic project Mechanical team.
To design engineering solutions for mechanical engineering projects, and to act as Design Co-ordinator within a multi-disciplinary team made up of Mechanical, Civil, Control & Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers in the field of petrochemical pipework/pipeline design (mainly Natural Gas) on a by-project basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
A recent project win has meant that we are looking to hire an experienced mechanical engineer for a project based in the UK.
The role will involve working within a multidiscipline team to deliver of scopes of work on UK National Gas assets.
This will be a stand alone role but will have the support of a large office based team.
1) To undertake and manage the day-to-day operations in respect to the following key areas:
Operate as a design co-ordinator leading/managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers working closely with Project Managers and discipline Team Leaders.
Preparation of detailed design reports/specifications/component datasheets.
Approval of engineering reports, calculations drawings etc.
Instructing mechanical designers on issues such as plant layout and component specifications.
Liaison with other engineering disciplines.
Liaison with clients and contractors.
Lead and attend design co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
Project documentation control.
2) Work closely with and provide professional advice on Mechanical Engineering matters to both internal and external clients.
3) Undertake own continuing professional development.
4) Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards.
5) Work may require travel in the UK and/or abroad to offices and/or sites.
- A UK intuition accredited Degree in Mechanical or Process engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer Status preferred but working towards acceptable.
- Previous project and pipework engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> and/or International design codes, standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of National Grid Specifications preferred.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
- Excellent communication and reporting experience.