Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Panama’s first wind farm at 270MW was just one of the recent Mott MacDonald wind energy jobs where we were both lender’s and owner’s engineer on the project. In Kenya we were lender’s engineer and are now construction monitoring the £454M Lake Turkana wind farm which will provide up to 17% of Kenya’s annual energy needs.
Now we're looking to continue this energy in North America.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Due to increased success within the offshore wind sector, we are now looking for an offshore wind program manager to join our power team in Boston, MA or Iselin, NJ.
The role will broadly be to provide project direction and engineering services to clients looking for technical advisory, lender's engineering and owner’s engineering services. Mott MacDonald's wind energy portfolio is extensive with a strong order book for IE, O/E, and design engineering activities in the renewables space in the US, Mexico and South America.
As a program manager for offshore wind energy you will utilize staff from across Mott MacDonald Group to form large project teams and deliver on the rapid development of offshore wind projects in the US.
You will be responsible for:
- directing and managing projects
- directing and managing commercial proposals (bids)
- leading, attending, contributing to internal and external meetings and site visits, internationally, as you deem required
- directly interfacing with clients on behalf of Mott MacDonald
- working closely with other Mott MacDonald business teams and units such as our coast & harbors team to establish internal ‘delivery’ network
- assisting with professional excellence activities across subject areas
- assisting with the development of staff
- supporting the development of the offshore and onshore renewables OE, IE, and design capabilities
- raising the profile of projects internally and externally
- establishing a coherent service package linked to existing clients and markets
- ensuring business management systems (BMS) compliance
We welcome applications from experience project directors with the following:
- experience in renewable energy sectors, specifically offshore wind
- experience working in the North American region is desirable, including an understanding of independent system operators such as ISO New England, NY ISO, and PJM
- an understanding of linear corridor development to interconnect the existing grid to offshore generation resources, including transmission developers
- strong track record of ensuring program performance and delivery and customer engagement / satisfaction
- proven experience of business development and stakeholder management
- excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to others at all levels
- good leadership skills with the ability to work with and motivate staff in a global setting
- substantial project management expertise across a wide range of disciplines, contract/procurement routes and market sectors
- substantial experience of managing and leading multi-disciplined teams
- strong commercial focus with the ability to identify and manage risk