Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions.
We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
To provide transactional accounting support to Unit Finance team, working with Divisional and Portfolio Accountants to review information submitted by local finance teams and to carry out the processing within Mott MacDonald’s finance system. To ensure that internal controls are adhered to whilst preparing bank/balance sheet reconciliations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
- Maintain Unit bank monitor – ensure that bank reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis in an agreed format, with appropriate supporting documents e.g. bank statements
- Site return processing – review cash/bank books provided by in-country finance teams, including checking account codes and narratives and post to accounts system
- Prepare Internal trading invoices – accounting for differing rates of management fees etc. and gathering supporting information
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations for UK maintained accounts
- Process internal cash transfers within accounting system
- Upload journals e.g. Monthly Payroll journals
- Submit internal e-Forms to Treasury team – requests for funds transfers/maintenance of bank mandates and paperwork required
- Assist with salary variance reconciliations – identify discrepancies between staff cost models and payroll journals
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
- Check staff expense claims against company directives, ensure approval levels are correct
- Clearing of timesheet suspense
- Running system reports
- Relevant finance, accounts or financial administration experience
- Highly numerate, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and highly organised
- Competent in MS Office applications, with intermediate Excel skills