Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is actively seeking a senior transit manager/construction manager with strong management skills, a strong technical understanding, and leadership skills to help develop and support transit projects in the Bay Area.
Experience with design and construction is critical, with proven ability to see a project through to commissioning.
The transit manager/construction manager responsibilities include:
- Manage and provide oversight for design and construction phases of transit systems in new and existing facilities
- Development and execution of a marketing plan for obtaining transit related work - both design and construction phase services
- Support and/or lead the development of transit projects throughout the Bay Area
- Identification of staff positions needed to win and perform work
- Serve as the manager on major portions of mega transit projects or as overall manager of transit projects
The ideal candidate should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, or another transportation related field, from an accredited University
- Experience working with or for a public transit or transportation authority
- Minimum 15 years of experience in design and construction of transit systems, both new facilities and upgrade to/maintenance of existing facilities.
- Experience leading multi-discipline design teams on complex projects.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including technical writing and presentations
- Strong project management, documentation, and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is required