We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The Middle East Advisory team provides technical, project and programme management and commercial advisory services to developers, investors, funders, regulated asset owners and operators, local authorities, government departments and agencies in the regional infrastructure finance market.
We are a market-leading team, and have set challenging growth ambitions to further increase our market share and diversify our service offerings.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with a minimum of five years’ professional experience in infrastructure or the built environment advisory activity. The successful candidate will join the advisory team based in Abu Dhabi to act as a technical adviser to assist in the delivery, and expansion of our services around the region. We are currently active in the social infrastructure, renewable energy, power generation and transportation sectors.Key Responsibilities/Duties:
- Lead or support the delivery of technical, economic and commercial advisory services across various sectors in the infrastructure market, to include but not limited to providing PPP and other forms of project or transaction advice and feasibility studies.
- Carry out analyses and assessments, and draft reports to a high quality standard, with particular attention to structure, clarity of argument, grammar and presentation.
- Liaise with customers to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
- Lead with customers in meetings and workshops to facilitate project discussions, present findings, assist participants in identifying project issues and priorities, and progress project solutions.
- When acting as lead advisor and or project manager, ensure the commercial success of the commission and compliance with all company governance requirements. When supporting, ensure that the lead advisor and or project manager is made aware of all developments on the commission that could influence the commercial and compliance outcomes.
- Lead on preparation and conclusion of service propositions to customers, and ensure all commercial and legal negotiation points are concluded satisfactorily prior to commencement of services.
- Support the planning and delivery of broader business development opportunities, and the management of long term key customer relationships to enhance sales and increase market share.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work overseas for short periods of time may be necessary for this role.
Competence and Behaviour
You will demonstrate the majority of the following:
- A Bachelors and/or Masters degree or equivalent, or significant relevant work experience.
- Experience in providing technical, economic and or commercial advisory services in infrastructure or the built environment for private, public sector and multilateral international finance institutions clients internationally.
- Experience of preparing feasibility studies to determine the preferred option for project procurement and delivery.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of international PPP or Project Finance transactions – particularly funding & financing; stakeholders; documentation; risk classification and transfer; revenue streams; and success factors.
- In depth knowledge of one or more infrastructure sectors that offers potential for growth and private sector investment, including but not limited to technical merits, policy and regulation, economic considerations, delivery and or supply chain.
- Experience in the assessment of risks and priorities associated with project development, investment or delivery, in the context of project feasibility and procurement; due diligence; assurance; or monitoring and evaluation.
- Competent in the delivery of detailed analysis in reports and presentations to customers.
- Working as the lead practitioner on challenging small to medium sized assignments, or in a key support role on large assignments. Capable of working with little or no supervision.
You will demonstrate:
- A high standard of numerical, technical, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation abilities.
- A high standard of report writing skills which require minimal proof-reading and peer review.
- A range of report writing and visual and verbal presentation techniques.
- Capable of working with a diverse range of technical and commercial staff and their outputs.
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate and convey information against challenging time constraints.