Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Civil Engineer – Rail & Transit
based in our Toronto office. This position is involved with the delivery of a range of projects within the transit team of Mott MacDonald in Canada and the United States, as well as supporting other parts of the international business.
As an Civil Engineer – Rail & Transit
working as an integral part of the transit team, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Perform the design, coordination and planning of high-profile projects including high-speed rail, subway, LRT, streetcar, commuter rail and other transit projects and associated facilities throughout Canada and the United States.
- Produce documentation, including reports, engineering sketches, engineering calculations, technical specifications, and tender documentation; especially related to rail alignment, track and trackwork design, and working within railway corridors.
- Provide support to writing project proposals, business development and client engagement activities.
- Perform different roles on multi-disciplinary projects including technical design of small projects and reviewing project designs on behalf of Technical Design Leads.
- Develop design solutions utilizing technology and BIM based delivery.
The ideal candidate will also be willing to contribute to projects within other sectors and offices, as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
You will have experience in the Rail and Transit market segments (Commuter Rail, LRT, subways) and possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized and accredited university.
- 5-7 years of design experience within the to Rail & Transit projects.
- P.Eng License in Ontario / Working towards professional engineer designation.
- Knowledge of railway regulations and standards including AREMA is essential
- Knowledge of specific agency standards, such as Metrolinx or TTC, would be beneficial
- Experience using Alignment Software is considered an asset.
- Ability to plan and coordinate budgets and be responsible for small to medium-sized projects.
- Good understanding of civil and structural design and construction practice.
- Applied knowledge of track structure and rail alignment design is considered an asset.
- Keen interest in delivering projects using BIM methods and technology driven solutions.
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Interpersonal and client facing requirements will require someone with excellent, clear and concise, oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to contribute information to meetings, assist with effective client presentations and prepare written reports and meeting minutes.
- You should also have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possess the initiative and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written) and skilled problem-solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our dynamic team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.