Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Municipal Project Manager based in our Toronto office. This position is to support and lead projects including delivering rail and transit and infrastructure projects for our Toronto office.
As a Municipal Project Manager working as an integral part of the transit and infrastructure teams, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Reviews and analyzes a variety of engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives on typical municipal capital improvement projects
- Provides municipal engineering support to a wide range of infrastructure projects across the Canadian business
- Typical areas of knowledge should include municipal road and road and entrance design, design of draining facilitation, management and coordination of utilities and managing permitting processes.
- Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more complex and diverse utility or infrastructure project.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields.
- Calculates cost and determines the feasibility of projects based upon analysis of collected data.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental permits, etc.
- Responsible for acting independently on technical matters within his or her fields of demonstrated competency.
- Originates and applies new and unique methods and procedures.
- Supplies technical advice and counsel to other co-workers and professionals.
- Under technical and administrative direction, plans, conducts and directs civil engineering projects of small to intermediate scale which have unique or controversial problems.
- Outlines design objectives, requirements and design approaches.
- Calculates design data; prepares layouts; detailed specifications; equipment lists; estimates; schedules and procedures.
- Can communicate well with co-workers, clients, contractors and people in general and convey basic engineering concepts and principles.
- Is prepared to work on a diverse range of municipal capital improvement projects
The ideal candidate will also be willing to contribute to projects within other sectors and offices, as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
You will have experience in municipal civil infrastructure and transit market segments and possess the following skills and experience:
- B.Eng. / B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- P. Eng designation required (or currently eligible to apply)
- 10 to 15 years of experience in design, permitting and construction management of municipal and infrastructure projects.
- A successful candidate will have strong design experience and ability to manage multiple projects and people.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM(Revit), GIS a plus.
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written) and skilled problem-solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, to working with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments, and
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our dynamic team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.