The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million’s to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are currently looking for quantity surveyors of all levels to join our teams in Glasgow, Edinburgh and across the UK. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will work in a customer facing environment, providing specialist commercial advice to a range of internal and external clients across the portfolio. We are currently working on some of the most prestigious projects in the country with amazing opportunities to take your career to the next level; these are opportunities not to be missed.
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending experience and the project you are involved with however as part of the Mott MacDonald team you will be involved with a range of roles to include:
- Acting in accordance with the project leader’s instructions
- Undertaking contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Leading in the preparation of monthly management reports
- Leading in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Complying with QES system and Group/Unit directives
- Leading in the preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Leading in the provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Leading in the preparation of advice on contract procurement
- Leading in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Leading in the preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial statements
- Leading in the preparation of tender documents as required by procurement choice
- The analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports at all stages of procurement
- Leading with the preparation of valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Leading in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- Leading with the production of lessons learned report for post contract review
Our award-winning project, programme and commercial management (PPCM) teams provide consultancy services on some of the most influential and technically diverse projects in the UK and worldwide, working with an eclectic range of clients in their development and construction processes.
Our opportunities are abundant and vastly spread across the globe. Join us, and you’ll have the knowledge and expertise of our experienced staff at your fingertips as you work to add value to client projects. As a PPCM professional at Mott MacDonald, you’ll be involved in providing meaningful and impactful contributions to projects across all of our six global sectors.
Alongside our technical excellence, our people are at the heart of the organisation. We attract the best minds in the industry to join our global community.
|Candidate Specification: |
We welcome applications from candidate with the following:
- Degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Achieved MRICS (will consider working towards) but we will also consider MICES or ICost Eng or MCIOB
- Cost Planning skills and experience of delivering ideally within a cost consultancy
- Previous experience of contract administration, cost estimates and NEC contract