Our Cape Town office is diverse and dynamic, home to a number of teams including renewable energy – wind and solar, buildings, transport, water and environment. As a consultancy, our work is normally on behalf of developers, investors and financing institutions.
You have access to our connected network of 16,000 people who include geotechnical specialists, offshore structures expertise and much more. We have energy regulation advisors, energy economists and financial analysts. Energy environmental experts in impact assessment, permitting, ecology, social, air and noise.
All of this in addition to our large wind team based in offices across Asia, Africa, Europe and North America. Our mission is to always connect globally, seek and open opportunities for clients and continue supporting the amazing growth of the wind sector globally.
- a thorough understanding of technical advisory work for large wind projects including specific risks associated to development, construction and operation of offshore wind projects and its possible mitigation
- able to manage large projects utilising large numbers of staff and subcontractors
- demonstrated experience working on wind technical due diligence projects
- experience reviewing wind contracts, including TSAs, BOPs and EPCs
- able to advise clients on issues encountered during a due diligence including its possible mitigants.
- basic understanding of wind turbine technology particularly in the offshore market
- experience of working with a consultancy
We of course take our projects very seriously, attention to detail is paramount when we're providing these services on such large scale schemes. There is also a lot of support and robust, user friendly, systems to ensure we’re always working safely, to best practise and are also driving forward innovation, sustainability and well connected thinking across all of our disciplines to provide the most appropriate expertise to our clients.
Your approach to your work as a wind energy professional needs to match this standard and we really want to hear from you if you have experienced providing our kinds of services as listed above. Experience of working within a consultancy is of course ideal but not necessarily essential if you have a strong wind energy background.
As described at the beginning, our work is international and so short term travel to projects and to see clients is sometimes required.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald has over 16,000 people helping our clients deliver sustainable solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.