Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Responsible for relay protection and control detailed engineering & design for Utility Substations. This is an intermediate-level role and will allow candidate some degree of autonomy to develop work with minimal supervision. Experience with understanding and applying electric utility standards is a must.
In addition to Engineering & Design, candidate will be responsible for directing the work of designers, juniors and CAD drafters on assigned projects. Also, providing first-level QA/QC oversight for their portion of work as such.
Support company’s goals and represent the company, positively and professionally. Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Work as part of a team.
- PE preferred
- BS Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited school required
- 4 to 6 years industry experience
- Able to develop protection philosophies from scratch (IEEE standards, utility standards, and other industry standards)
- Required Engineering & Design experience in Relay design of Utility Substations includes:
- Schematics/Elementary Diagrams;
- One Line Diagrams;
- Three-Line Diagrams;
- Relay Panel Wiring Diagrams;
- Control Enclosure layout and panel-fronts;
- Battery/charger sizing;
- Conduit & Cable Schedule; etc.
- Desired but not requisite experience includes:
- Relay protection calculations and creating calculation reports
- Experience with SKM, ETAP and/or ASPEN
- Sufficient years of expertise in relay protection and control, and the ability to lead and mentor team members
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD