Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
We are looking for a substation physical designer for our Houston, TX office with experience designing electrical utility substations to utility standards. As part of this role, the successful candidate will participate in assignments for the delivery of high voltage substations and the design/condition assessment of existing substations.
- Assisting in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Working as an individual and as a part of a team
- Clear and thorough delivery of correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches as assigned
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering technical and professional knowledge skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Support of company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
You are a team player with an exceptional ability to communicate orally and through written correspondence. You have a strong work ethic and take pride and accountability in your duties and accomplishments as an individual. You have expansive experience in consulting environments and understand the importance of keeping all parities involved in a project updated and in the loop at all times.
You are a multitasker who can work on multiple projects at once. You enjoy fast paced, dynamic projects and teams, and are looking for a place to make an impact and launch your career. You also have the following qualifications;
- Associates degree desired
- 5 to 8 years experience designing utility substations
- Experienced in physical design of Utility Substations including:
- General Arrangement Drawings;
- Elevations and Sections;
- Conduit Layouts;
- Bus Details;
- Lightning Protection Plans;
- Grounding Plans/details;
- Lighting plans/details; etc.
- Experience working closely with Civil, Structural, Relay teams assuring an integrated design;
- Ability to multi-task required (i.e. can work on more than one project at a time);
- Strong command of AutoCAD.