Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Bridge Engineer based in our Toronto and Vancouver offices. Reporting to the Structures Team Lead, you will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within the Canadian Division of Mott MacDonald, as well as supporting other parts of the international business in the United States and regions such as Europe and Australasia.
As a Bridge Engineer in the Canadian business your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to the design of structures for public and private transportation facilities including roadway, rail, transit, and pedestrian bridges;
- Preparing technical specifications and design reports including feasibility, renewals options and inspection reports;
- Developing design drawings using latest technology in conjunction with other team members;
- Preparing construction cost estimates;
- Assisting with the project management of bridge engineering projects;
- Providing structural support to other disciplines, offices and project teams, including managing specific deliverables;
- Contributing to the delivery of projects in accordance with client requirements to time, quality and budget; and,
- Providing input to the preparation of project proposals.
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for increasing responsibility to become a project engineer, project lead or project manager in the future.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets and possess the following key attributes:
- Graduate from a recognized and accredited university in Civil Engineering;
- 5+ years’ of experience in structural engineering with a focus on Bridges;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.);
- Solid knowledge base in seismic analysis and principles;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software;
- Keen interest in delivering projects using BIM methods and technology driven solutions;
- Ability to work with nominal supervision;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in a complex and changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams; and,
- Work will be undertaken principally in Mott MacDonald’s Vancouver office but willingness to travel and undertake short term assignments on site and other design offices is required.
- For the Toronto position, the selected candidate must have hands-on experience with heavy rail/AREMA
- Familiarity with either CSA S6, AASHTO LRFD and AREMA design codes;
- Experience with Design-Build and traditional procurement methods; and,
- Registered or willingness to register as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the United States of America.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and dedicated people to join our team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in a sustainable manner.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in growing with Mott MacDonald in North America.