Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a principal project manager for our water/wastewater section to lead expansion efforts in California.
You will be responsible for developing a regional marketing plan for the Water Sector within Mott MacDonald while working alongside the North American Water Sector Leader. Responsible for identifying marketing “targets” and to make initial contacts as well as lead the development and presentation of proposals. You will also be responsible for developing and bringing in new clients, identifying and winning new assignments, preparing proposals, and potentially managing projects in his/her respective are of expertise.
- Prepare business plans and proposals for the Water Sector in California and other regions throughout the west.
- Contact prospective client, discuss their needs and develop future projects
- Oversee and manage development of proposals
- Supervise the writing and execution of the contract
- Manages complex infrastructure projects and supervises project teams
- Responsible for quality control, oversight and management of projects inclusive of their commercial success
- Responsible for reports, design documents (plans & specifications) or other deliverables that are sent to the clients
- Prepares business development and project management activity reports.
- Have a strong understanding of the water/wastewater/reuse market throughout the state of California
- Knowledge of regulations and strong working relationship with regulatory agencies in California
Our company is a global engineering consultancy that provides innovative and creative engineering solutions to various sectors throughout the industry. The ideal principal project manager candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in civil/environmental or similar field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 15 years of experience or more in engineering, construction, design, cost control and management required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of water/wastewater/reuse.
- Must be licensed Professional Engineer in California and potentially other states within the region.
- Must be willing to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings, events, or presentations after regular business hours.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals