This exciting role is for a Principal Transport Planner / Senior Project Manager to work alongside our Transport Planning Projects Director to build and develop our growing Transport Planning business in Cambridge, manage projects, and develop client relationships.
<p dir="ltr" /><p dir="ltr">Much of our current workload locally is for public sector clients, and includes a number of exciting projects for Cambridgeshire County Council with whom we have a long term agreement to provide multidisciplinary services to support delivery of a number of Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) transport schemes,<br /><br />We are also working closely with the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CA) on other projects. We would expect you to take an active role in supporting the delivery of these projects which include proposals for enhanced public transport provision for a number of corridors into and around Cambridge, and to support us in securing and delivering other projects on behalf of the public sector.<br /><br />In addition to our public sector work, we are also interested to further grow our work providing transport advice to private sector clients in the region.</p><br />
Although the focus of your work will be on projects in the East of England, our Cambridge office sits within our overall Transport Planning South team from where a range of support staff are available to help with project delivery and advice. We also work closely with high-performing teams elsewhere in the country, including having a close working relationship with colleagues in our Birmingham office.
You will work on a range of transport planning activities in a senior capacity with responsibility for delivering projects, and supporting the Transport Planning Projects Director in Cambridge in growing our business in the East of England and beyond.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project and task management of a range of transport planning projects with responsibility for resourcing, financial management, client interface and delivery.
- Coordination of the work of project teams, including staff based in Cambridge and in our other offices.
- Development of client relationships.
- Input into business development activities including coordinating delivery of bids and compiling and writing proposals.
- Working with other disciplines in the Cambridge office, and elsewhere, to maximise business opportunities.
- Recruitment and mentoring of staff.
- Provision of technical transport planning advice, ideally across a range of transport disciplines, to our clients including ideally some or all of the following: transport impact assessments, transport appraisal and the development of business cases for major schemes, junction analysis, accident analysis, smarter choices, access studies, transport policy and strategy development, transport modelling, and the preliminary design of transport schemes.
Report writing, including technical transport planning documents as well as those for a non-specialist audience.
Applicants must have proven experience and success in project delivery including commercial and financial management. The successful candidate will be committed to providing high quality and innovative solutions and advice to clients and have first class report writing, project management, supervisory, communication and technical ability.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A degree (or equivalent), ideally in a transport related discipline
- Further MA/MSc qualifications in transport planning or related areas are of benefit but not essential
- TPP, MCILT, CEng or equivalent
- Skills and experience in leading and managing transport planning projects, ideally including co-ordinating the work of colleagues across a range of disciplines
- Broad technical expertise in transport planning
- A good understanding of the wider transport planning / engineering environment
- A knowledge of the role of modelling in transport planning – hands-on experience in modelling and economic assessment programmes would be beneficial but not essential
- Success in business development activities, preferably being able to demonstrate successful bids/tenders ideally in a consultancy environment
- An ability to confidently work with, and provide sound advice to, our clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in team development including the mentoring of staff
Competency in Microsoft office programs including word, excel, powerpoint and project