We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. A core aim is to make a sustainable difference to the world we live in. That translates into a focus on understanding our clients and their customers, to deliver outcomes that add value. Mott MacDonald takes local knowledge and insight and pairs it with international expertise to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Mobilising innovative thinking, cross-sector collaboration, and the immense talent of our people – who include designers, engineers, project and programme managers, management consultants, planners, economists, cost consultants, technology experts, and infrastructure finance specialists – Mott MacDonald adds real value and delivers world-leading outcomes.
Our presence in Hong Kong goes back to 1957 with iconic projects delivered including the Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1, Tsing Ma Bridge and more recently, the Hong Kong International Airport 3rd Runway and Concourse Scheme Design, Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Bridge Detailed Design and the MTR Shatin to Central Link - Sung Wong Toi and To Kwa Wan stations and tunnels.
With almost 400 dedicated employees in Hong Kong, connected to the expertise of over 16,000 staff in 150 countries worldwide, we improve people’s lives through better economic development, better social outcomes, better businesses and a better return on your investment. We provide innovative engineering designs and management solutions across the built environment, to help our clients fund, plan, design, deliver and sustain their goals.
Your Next Challenge
- You will prepare scheme and detailed designs, calculations and technical specifications, and reports for MVAC services design. You will also assist with tender evaluations.
- You will undertake performance analysis of existing installations and identify and design modifications to meet future needs.
- Applying computer techniques / tools in analysis and design.
- You will conduct on-site inspections, including as part of construction supervision, and commissioning witnessing.
- You will resolve design and development problems.
- You will plan and manage projects, as project manager or team leader, taking responsibility for meeting client objectives, committed programmes and budgets. You will engage with clients on technical and commercial issues and actively participate in stakeholder engagement.
- You will attend project related meetings, often in a leading role; you will make presentations to clients and other stakeholders and liaise with other professionals for design development.
- You will support more junior colleagues to develop and to work effectively, providing guidance and mentoring.
- Degree holder in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Chartered member of relevant institution with relevant post-chartered experience
- A Registered Professional Engineer with experience of successfully engaging with statutory authorities is preferred
- Around 10 years of postgraduate experience in MVAC services design
- Experience in MVAC services design, planning, construction supervision on multidisciplinary projects; additional experience in other building services would be an advantage. Experience in design and construction supervision of health care / hospital facilities is preferred
- Proactive and quality oriented, with a client-centric outlook, together with a high sense of accountability.
- Self-motivated, analytical, responsible; a capacity to work successfully under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of using local and international design codes and standards is required
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and presentation skills; able to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients
- Experience with, and an interest in using BIM will be an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantones