We are looking to appoint a Senior bridge engineer with additional structural analysis skills in our Croydon office to support a growing workload of exciting bridge projects located in UK and around the world.
You will have exceptional technical skills with good structural knowledge and understanding. We will also be looking for the drive to grow a career within our bridge business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Responsibilities of the Senior bridge engineer will include various bridge structural analysis involving:
- Performing advanced analysis for a wide variety of (often complex) scenarios and leading and supervising advanced analysis for all types of assets
- Leading a team to analyse both code and non-code compliant structures to develop cost-effective solutions
- Mentoring more junior staff
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Strong practical, commercial and relevant experience in the bridges industry
- A good Civil/ Structural Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) - a relevant PhD would be an advantage
- Chartered with a relevant institution or equivalent
- Strong understanding of structural behaviours with an ability to translate this into effective structural analyses
- Experience in the analysis and design of cable supported bridges and structures
- Ability to lead teams in the analysis of structures
- Substantial analytical and structural engineering experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in face-to-face meetings with clients
- Experience in the following packages would be useful but strong structural understanding and a good grasp of analytical techniques are of prime importance
- RM Bridge, MIDAS, LUSAS, SAM, Staad and Adina as well as in-house software for our analysis work
- Familiarity with industry codes (including Eurocodes) and standards, with a desire to push boundaries where appropriate
- It would be beneficial to demonstrate evidence of a highly innovative approach and an ability to work from first principles and think “outside the box”
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture