Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a driven and experienced project engineer to design and manage projects in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are seeking an individual with five to ten years of relevant experience and is enthusiastic and passionate about water and wastewater projects.
- Perform preliminary engineering by analyzing data, performing design calculations and evaluating options to develop the best solution
- Complete detailed engineering designs on a variety of water, wastewater, storm water, and water reuse treatment as well as collection and distribution projects
- Prepare planning and design documents, cost estimates, calculations, project drawings, and technical specifications
- Conduct internal coordination meetings and provide substantial support for meetings with clients
- Supervise project staff and train junior staff
- Work alongside project managers to ensure technical deliverables are executed with technical accuracy, on time and within budget
- Perform invoicing support tasks and ensure formal QA/QC reviews are performed for each project one is responsible for.
- Assist with various construction phase activities and participate in field work including construction observation activities.
Mott MacDonald offers innovative engineering opportunities throughout various sectors all around the globe. The ideal candidate for the project engineer position will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ project experience for municipal and/or private development related to design and design review of water/wastewater, storm, and recycled water systems including water and storm water piping, sewers, sewer rehab, mechanical piping and lift stations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or similar)
- Professional engineer license in California
- Experience with software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including technical report writing
- Enthusiastic, dependable, self-starter, who is organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.