Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald’s Rail & Transit Practice across North America has been successful in executing numerous projects over the last two decades and tremendously grown in the passenger rail transit engineering and construction community in Canada and the U.S.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a traction power engineer based in the Bay Area. You will oversee graduates in the delivery of electrification work in North America.
You will contribute to the success of our team by:
- Delivering traction power designs of AC and DC traction power systems for mass transit and/or heavy rail.
- Take a lead role in overseeing and checking traction power simulations (load flow analysis) and interpretation of the results.
- Developing design concepts as well as preparing technical reports for a variety of projects and clients.
- Delivery of technically sound/innovative solutions to time and budget.
- Maintain a personal commitment to quality, and manage and maintain the quality of designs and deliverables
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.
- Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 4 years of power system design experience with an emphasis on traction power design for mass transit.
- P.E designation (preferred) or EIT designation working towards PE.
- Have previously undertaken traction power simulations (load flow analysis) and can interpret the results.
- Experience in the design of transit power supply and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of the different traction power systems (both AC and DC), grounding and bonding, and SCADA.
- Experience (preferred) with MicroStation/ AutoCAD and the development of circuit and cable drawings.
- Functional knowledge of MATLAB or equivalent (preferred).
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written) and skilled problem-solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, to working with colleagues and clients.