Efficient, safe, and reliable highway infrastructure is absolutely vital to a country's well-being. Our highway consultants combine technical and business expertise to deliver innovative solutions that meet client challenges and the diverse transport needs of communitiesWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Our aim is to add value for our clients at every stage of project development. This includes the adoption of "lean" principles throughout the project life cycle, active risk management, and control, while transferring the knowledge and best practice we've acquired from working on a diverse range of projects worldwide.
Our people are motivated, well trained, and experienced across all transport sectors. We actively help infrastructure owners and operators achieve their strategic objectives, by adding long-term value and optimizing performance.We are looking for a Highway Engineer
to fulfil role within established Civil/Structural Infrastructure Group.
This is a ‘hands on’ role and the candidate must have a minimum tertiary education background in working on transport infrastructure schemes, predominantly highways, but may also include master planning and consideration of rapid transit modes.
Key responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- To prepare designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways schemes
- To ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of technical excellence
- Individuals should be creative, innovative and willing to communicate at all levels. Willing to learn and work with others. A desire to gain knowledge and seek solutions. A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Assisting with feasibility, preliminary and detailed design work relating to highways engineering projects
- Ability to communicate knowledgably
- Maintaining brand reputation whilst undertaking the project (both with this Group key client and in the wider industry)
- Degree qualified, desire to become a Chartered engineer (CEng) with ICE or CIHT.
- Should have minimum 4 years in design of highway projects
- Able to interpret client requirements, under guidance, to produce a sound engineering proposal.
- Working knowledge of international/Singapore highway design standards.
- Previous experience (at-least 1yr) in alignment design including horizontal alignment, vertical profile, detailed cross-section and report generation to name a few
- Knowledge of pavement design and drainage would be an advantage
- Willingness to prepare final set of Plan and Profile sheets will also be an added advantage
- An understanding of BCA/LTA and other authority requirements and approval process in Singapore.
- Possess command of road design using MX Roads, Open Roads or Civil 3D software and preferably competent with AutoCad and GIS software.
- A confident communicator with good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to assist and support senior staff at meetings with third party stakeholders