Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for a stations lead to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest transit projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As the stations lead, you will be tasked with:
- Managing all stations within the program and lead a team to produce preliminary station designs including planning and coordinating its work.
- Manage technical/commercial issues.
- Manage the final design contracts for all stations and review designers’ progress
- Develop project and technical management principles and methodologies.
- Provide an engineering strategy for the performance of relevant enhancements to the scope of work.
- Provide detailed analysis and solutions to emerging managerial and technical problems.
- Lead coordination and collaboration with the different program teams, client and designers.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged such that interfaces are considered and appropriately managed within the projects.
- Regular meetings with client and program team to appraise of developments and make aware of any upcoming potential issues.
- Manage designer procedures and station design criteria and work with quality assurance to update as required.
- Provide expertise in the preparation and production of contract documentation.
- Ensure a quality process is implemented for any design, rehabilitation, manufacturing, construction and/or testing & commissioning project phases
- During construction, continue to support the program team by managing technical staff needed to support construction activities.
- Facilitate technical input and resolution to submittal reviews when a technical disagreement arises between the client and designer.
- Provide technical oversight, contract management and quality assurance for all station projects.
- Oversee and manage sub-contracted consultants to ensure timely delivery of the required technical and project documentation
- Coordinate and communicate with other functional groups of the team including program management, design management, construction management, interface management and signals management.
- Report high-level program and regular progress to the team and for the client.
Although this office is brand new, Mott MacDonald has an extensive and illustrious history in the Boston, MA area. Our Westwood (Boston) office has over 100 people with a fantastic, welcoming culture in a modern office.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a stations lead to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Experience working in a relatable role on a major transit program
- Results oriented
- Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
- Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
- Must be familiar with industry standards and nuances
- Minimum of 10 years of responsible experience with stations design and implementation
- A bachelor’s degree in a relatable subject.