Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
This will be a versatile role, with the tunnel engineer undertaking a cross-section of projects; including: tunnels, microtunnels, horizontal directional drilling, braced excavations and other underground structures/projects.
Mott MacDonald's experience in tunneling dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for North American tunneling industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
- Masters in civil engineering preferred as a minimum, but BS in civil engineering considered. Degree(s) should be structural with geotechnical minor, and/or geotechnical with structural minor.
- Professional engineer (PE) license, or working towards it.
- Experience working with government and local agencies.
- 3+ years of experience in the design and design management of tunnels.
- Proven track record in tunnel design.
You’ll be a career minded individual with aspirations of working in the program management field. Working in a team environment in Mott MacDonald’s New York City office, you’ll need a positive attitude to promote the program, our organization, and our achievements.