Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Engineering involves striking a balance between science and art. The harmony between technological and artistic aspects helps inform our approach. We collaborate with architects and developers from the earliest phases of a project, providing leading-edge solutions to help realize their imaginative and ambitious aspirations.
Worldwide, Mott MacDonald develops buildings that are safe, striking, efficient, and able to stand the test of time. Our building consultants offer a breadth, depth, and caliber of technical expertise that ranks among the best in the industry.
As Mott MacDonald continues to grow, I am seeking a buildings project manager to provide conceptual/schematic design and buildings support for major aviation projects, lead from our base in New York City, NY.
As a buildings project manager, you will be tasked with:
- Leading discipline planning and coordination
- Developing engineering concepts, and articulation to the support team
- Review and responsibility for the performance of support team (remote working)
- Development of resilient and redundant services infrastructure solutions
- Working as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver project input
- Project management and ownership of the engineering input into the project
- Ability to co-ordinate with architectural and building teams
- Liaising with the client, attending progress meetings and producing reports on progress
- Providing expert engineering input into design; and evaluation of built environment proposals.
The successful candidates will have the following experience:
- The design and/or planning of transportation and/or aviation projects
- Excellent understanding of BIM/VDC, preferably with experience in a BIM tool
- Understanding of all engineering disciplines (mechanical/communications/electrical/structure) with expertise in electrical
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject and 10+ years’ post college experience in relatable discipline
- The design and/or planning and/or design of large scale public buildings
- Skills in sustainability and green initiatives, with a demonstrated track record
- Excellent client/stakeholder/interpersonal skills
- Financial and commercial understanding of projects from a consultant’s point of view, with demonstrated success.
- Lead a team of engineers and architects
- Demonstrated project management ability, to run a project as the main point of client contact