From the $5 billion project to upgrade Los Angeles International Airport where we were the lead engineer for two of the three main components, to our recent appointment by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to lead the implementation of the Governor's Airport Advisory Panel’s vision plan for the redevelopment of John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). Mott MacDonald is flying the flag for the US aviation industry across the breadth of the country.
Due to continued growth, we’re now looking to welcome a senior project manager to our expanding team who will join one of our major aviation projects.Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The consultancy services Mott MacDonald’s aviation team provide, primarily consist of aviation engineering design and planning. The suitable candidate will be a career minded professional engineer, who has moved from technical side to focus solely on project management. The role will suite someone who is able to come on board and make a positive impact to the program from the offset. The senior project manager role is multi-faceted, with the primary aim to support the teams with the effective delivery and management of Mott MacDonald’s term contract. Some of the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Understanding Mott MacDonald’s role in the program and making improvements to the way we are delivering the project
- Being the primary client liaison to monitor performance, deliverables and success
- Gain knowledge of and effectively use Mott MacDonald management systems, tracking documents, and related procedures.
- Attend regular progress meetings with sub-consultants and joint venture partner to further provide process improvement
- Overseeing project’s schedule, resource allocation and financial aspects
- Document and report in-progress activities and track deliverables associated with the contract as directed
The business of airports is about the most effective delivery of the right airport infrastructure, the best facilities, and the finest service. Mott MacDonald is looking to welcome a candidate who embodies this ethos and would welcome applications, with the following experience:
- Significant experience as a project manager in the aviation sector
- A team player who is a self-starter comfortable in taking responsibility for their work and ensuring smooth
- Outward facing with good interpersonal skills, to liaise internally within teams and externally with clients
- A Bachelor‘s degree in a relatable engineering field (MSc/MBA is a plus)
- Contribute to open communications across the project delivery/client teams, including attending internal and external project meetings
- Understanding of project contractual and commercial requirements
- Experience with the various elements of project management (scheduling, resource allocation, financial)