Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The senior ATC engineer will primarily have responsibility for supporting ATC maintenance, by providing oversight and direct assistance with issues that arise. Some of the key responsibilities of the position would include:
- Engineering support for preventive and corrective maintenance activities
- Engineering support for construction activities
- Engineering support for normal rail transit system challenges
- Attend meetings and conference calls representing ATC maintenance as required
- Provide Engineering Bulletins as required to keep ATC maintenance personnel aware of changes to equipment, configuration changes, temporary changes, or safety issues that arise
- Make recommendations for field changes to correct circuit deficiencies or to safely compensate for deteriorating equipment until it is replaced or repaired, whilst adhering to documentation control standards and procedures to document changes
- Work with ATC maintenance to investigate Loss of Shunt alarms and recommend and confirm corrective actions
- Work with ATC maintenance for routine troubleshooting of track circuit problems – Audio Frequency track circuits and AC track circuits
- Investigate routine and unusual system failure incidents to determine root cause and provide direction for corrective action
- Other duties associated with the position
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical engineer and a minimum of 10 years or other technical training with a minimum of 20 years of progressive experience in the design, construction, or maintenance of ATC transit, ATC systems, or railroad signaling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and using a variety of electronic test equipment.
- Experience with Procore or similar configuration management software is required.
- Experience writing technical procedures, developing specifications, and writing detailed reports to document system anomalies and make recommendations to mitigate risks, hazards, or replace faulty design or equipment.