Our portfolio has included the Tsing Ma Bridge in Hong Kong, the twin Bhomibol Bridges in Bangkok and the Kayang Bridge in South Korea. We are presently engaged on an exciting network arch bridge in North West England, working on a large expressway in Doha, Qatar, undertaking the Lender’s Technical Advisor role on what will be the world’s longest suspension bridge, as well as currently working on large high speed rail infrastructure projects.
An increasing demand for our services requires us to recruit a principal bridge engineer in our Croydon office with excellent experience in post tensioned concrete bridge structures.
Our portfolio of technical work includes cable supported bridges, post tensioned concrete bridges, bridge dynamics, non-linear finite element buckling analysis of existing structures, collapse modelling, as well as other heavy civil engineering structures, such as immersed tube tunnels and multi-stage construction underground structures. These projects are located in UK and around the world.
Our focus is on the use of our skills to deliver innovative and economic solutions for our clients. We have created an enviable reputation in the bridges discipline whether considering the design of new or the assessment of existing structures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We will also be looking for the drive to grow a career within our bridge business.
We are looking for a high calibre engineer and our remuneration package will be commensurate with this expectation.
We are looking to recruit a specialist bridge engineer at principal engineer level, with strong experience in post-tensioned concrete design and a particular emphasis on pre-cast segmental construction. You will be experienced in the preparation of concepts and detailed designs for bridge construction using pre-cast segmental construction by various erection methods including balanced cantilever and span by span. A comprehensive knowledge of construction methods and post tensioned concrete design and detailing is essential.
You will have exceptional technical skills,
good structural knowledge and an understanding and combination of the following:
- Significant practical and relevant technical experience
- A good civil or structural engineering degree (honours or equivalent)
- Chartered or equivalent
- Experience in post-tensioned concrete design and a particular emphasis on pre-cast segmental construction
- A comprehensive knowledge of construction methods and post tensioned concrete design and detailing
- Design Build experience is required.
- Strong understanding of structural behaviours with an ability to translate this into effective structural analyses
- Ability to lead teams in the design of structures
- Substantial analytical and structural engineering experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in face-to-face meetings with clients
- We utilise RM Bridge, MIDAS, LUSAS, SAM, Staad and Adina as well as in-house software for our analysis work. Experience in these packages would be useful but strong structural understanding and a good grasp of analytical techniques are of prime importance
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards, including Eurocodes/BS5400 and AASHTO, with a desire to push boundaries where appropriate
- Proven technical writing and communication skills
- This position requires occasional travel