Our diesel power generation experience spans the complete range of skills needed to take a project from concept through to commissioning.
Mott MacDonald has first-hand experience of:
- Combined diesel and wind power projects for islands
- Digester/sewage gas power plant
- Heat recovery steam generation
- Land fill gas power plant
- Life extension, upgrading and refurbishment of existing plant
- Utility diesel power plant
- Uninterruptible power plant
This includes feasibility and scoping studies, detailed design, plant specification and tender review, contract negotiations, project management of the construction and commissioning phase and involvement in plant enhancement studies during the operations phase.
Our skills and services include:
- Civil, mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation engineering
- Detailed design and specification preparation
- Feasibility studies covering all aspects of power plant development and associated infrastructure (eg grid connection and fuel supply)
- Grid connection and transmission network studies
- Owner’s engineer/project management during construction and commissioning phases, and provision of technical advisory services
- Technical input to the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Technology reviews of new power generation equipment
- Tender review and contract negotiations
- Diesel engines are more suited for small loads often associated with islands
- Construction timescale tends to be relatively short.
- Gas engines can be used for small scale output for CHP schemes, landfill gas and other waste gases
- Carbon credits
- Green certificates