Our gas turbine, heat recovery steam generator and steam turbine power generation experience spans the complete range of skills needed to take a project from concept through to commissioning.
Mott MacDonald has provided world class consultancy services for major GT based power plant for all applications including base load, merchant and peaking power plant, aluminium smelter power plant and also power and desalination plant.
Our experience includes all the major GT manufacturer’s and classes of machine.
OCGT plants are often used for the following applications:
- Providing peak lopping a capability
- As a back- up to wind and solar power
- As phase 1 to generate revenue where phase 2 may be conversion to a CCGT
CCGT plants offer greater efficiency.
We have first hand experience of:
- Base load, two shifting and peaking plant
- CCGT and OCGT projects using both gas and liquid fuels
- Captive plant
- Multi-shaft and single shaft CCGT
- Power and water plant
Our skills and services include:
- Civil, mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation engineering
- Detailed design and specification preparation
- Feasibility studies covering all aspects of power plant development
- Full lenders’ engineer services during project finance and asset acquisitions
- Grid connection and transmission network studies
- Owner’s engineer/project management during construction and commissioning phases and technical advisory services
- Technical input to the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Technology reviews of new power generation equipment
- Tender review and contract negotiations
- Thermal efficiency modelling
- An integrated offering of maximising gas assets
- Hybrid CCGT and solar plants
Savings/value added demonstrated
- A detailed knowledge of the technologies to maximise efficiency
Selected project examples
We have worked on gas fired plants in the following countries:
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia