Mott MacDonald has celebrated over a century in transport – an exceptional record that has won us a proven reputation in delivering consultancy services to a huge range of customers for strategic projects covering all forms of transport by rail, road, air and sea.
Our portfolio of projects is second to none, beginning with the world’s first underground railway in London at the start of the 1900s – and we’ve worked continuously for London Underground ever since.
Our portfolio of projects began with the world’s first underground railway in London at the start of the 1900s. We’ve worked continuously for London Underground ever since.
Just the briefest cross-section of our involvement in landmark transport infrastructure includes:
- 1908 - Blackfriars Bridge, UK
- 1934 - Mersey Tunnel, UK
- 1977 - Kuala Lepar Bridge, Malaysia
- 1986 - Surabaya-Malang highway, East Java
- 1994 - Channel Tunnel, UK
- 1997 - Lantau Bridge, Hong Kong
- 2004 - West Coast route modernisation, UK
- 2006 - Taiwan High Speed Rail Project
- 2007 - Montego Bay cruise terminal expansion, Jamaica
- 2008 - Heathrow Terminal 5, UK
- 2011 - Transnet, South Africa
- 2012 - Silicon Valley Bay Area Rapid Transit, USA
- 2013 - Auckland City rail Link, New Zealand
- 2013 - Victoria station Upgrade, UK
- 2013 - Crossrail, UK
Within our global transport business we have over 3000 professional staff from a broad range of related disciplines – economists, environmentalists, transport planners, procurement experts, engineers, project and programme managers, safety specialists, cost consultants, ergonomists, IT experts and more.
This wealth of experienced and skilled resource enables us to mobilise multi-disciplinary teams tailored to providing a total service for our customers, embracing all facets from advisory, economic and planning to design, construction supervision and asset management post-completion. And the Group’s vast network of offices world-wide means we can provide our total consulting service wherever our customers or their projects are based.
Sustainability, safety and buildability are key drivers in all the solutions we develop – planned in and designed in from day one. Effective whole life costing is another – we seek to maximise return on investment for our customers through innovative technical and management approaches to operation and maintenance regimes.