As a global engineering, health, education and development business, we impact all SDGs and we maximise positive outcomes for society by working in partnership with clients and communities, and by identifying the links between goals. Our Making Connections campaign demonstrates how our projects contribute to all the SDGs.
The recovery from the COVID-19 crisis presents unprecedented challenges, but we continue to regard the SDGs as a priority for delivering more resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive solutions.
This is underlined by our membership of the UN Global Compact, which requires participants to advance progress towards the SDGs as well as incorporate 10 principles covering human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. We reaffirmed our commitment in September 2022 and have published our latest Communication on progress.
We continue to advance progress towards achieving the SDGs and to embed the Global Compact principles in all areas of our business. Recent developments include:
- We achieved carbon neutral status in 2020 and are now developing our Net-Zero Plan to align our commitments across our supply chains, and with our partners and our clients. Our Qualifying Explanatory Statement (QES) is available here, and includes our carbon reduction plan.
- Ongoing investment in new digital products and tools to help people, everywhere to make informed decisions. We regard digital as a key foundation for sustainability, and we use data and information to shape our design solutions, use precious resources more efficiently and to make a positive difference in the environment.
- Joining the World Economic Forum’s Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders and being one of 70 businesses calling on world leaders to be ‘bold and courageous’ in their efforts in the race to net-zero. We are also a partner to the Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment and support the Powering Past Coal Alliance.
- Appointing new strategic leaders in ethics and compliance, equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), and sustainability and climate change as part of our ongoing drive for continuous improvement.
- Creating Our Code, which sets out our ethical stance on how we do business.