Our sector-focused professionals apply their skills across all infrastructure projects, particularly in the energy, water and transportation sectors. Our global skills pool means we have the right mix of local and regional experience, sector knowledge and specialist skills to provide high-quality, cost effective due diligence services.
We apply our due diligence skills in these areas:
- Environmental and social risk appraisal
- Equator Principle compliance reviews
- Social safeguard action planning
- Risk management and stakeholder engagement plans
- Monitoring of construction and operation
- Project documentation
- collaborate across large lender groups, each with their own stakeholders’ requirements and interests.
- distinguish between risks that are showstoppers to successful financial deals, and those that can be managed though the course of the project.
- verify environment and social clauses in project contracts and loan agreements.
- certify environmental and social conformance at key project milestones and drawdowns.
- tailor our services to manage cost and achieve financial close
Our due diligence teams have access to in-house experts, allowing us to rapidly focus on specific issues that arise as the due diligence process progresses:
- Socio-economic and gender assessment
- Labour monitoring
- Resettlement and indigenous peoples
- Archaeology and cultural heritage
- Human rights
- Environmental specialists across all areas
- Climate change
- Carbon footprinting, modelling and finance
Bringing the right experience
Strength in depth – we simultaneously mobilised E&S specialists to do fatal flaw reviews and detailed due diligence against Equator Principles across a portfolio of solar projects in South Africa including solar PV and CSP technology.
Support across the entire project lifecycle – we've provided environmental and social services on behalf of the lenders for the Cerro de Hula wind farm project. one of the largest in Central America. We're providing lender E&S due diligence services on various wind projects in Costa Rica, Panama, Uruguay and Peru.
Broad coverage – for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) we provided environmental and social due diligence services such as: a review of a transmission network and refurbishment of the M3 highway in Moldova, a small hydropower scheme in Bulgaria, the renovation of the tram network in Belgrade, Krnovo Wind Power Plant in Montenegro and the Una-Kostella Hydro Plant in Bosnia.
We've completed over 300 projects funded by major IFIs and several hundred more for investment banks. We're routinely commended for our work helping developers and sponsors organise and prepare bankable documents that meet lender's needs. We have worked on deals worldwide, ranging from mergers and acquisitions to project finance and re-finance deals.