We offer our clients completely tailored audit requirements, investigating cost and processes at any stage of a programme.
Many large contracts are awarded on cost reimbursable and/or time charge basis, which in itself presents unique commercial risks.
Mott MacDonald ‘s unique approach, together with specialist industry knowledge and our comprehensive interrogation (data mining) software, enables us to identify risks efficiently and effectively and provide you with complete assurance.
We work closely with contractors to understand their current processes and compare these against accounting standards and industry best practices. Identifying ways to improve controls, our recommendations provide you with an appropriate level of confidence going forward.
Where risks are identified, we investigate the associated cost and provide you with the necessary information to help enable recovery of any inappropriate amounts charged.
The key benefits we provide to clients include:
- Potential significant recovery from identifying ication of inappropriate costs
- Reassurance that costs being charged are in accordance with the specifications
- Mitigation of potentially poor commercial processes
Proven track record
A key example of our work includes our role in providing specialist commercial assurance over the UK water sector's AMP5 capital delivery programme.
We audited multiple contracts, benefiting in:
- substantial recovery of £3 million
- clarity around costs incurred by joint ventures
- defined contract risks
- improved system processes