- The client saw the benefits of the measured term contract (MTC) in the fast turnaround time from a project's inception and design of works, to the commencement on site, completion of works and agreement of the final account.
- During the term of the MTC the budget was increased from £4.2M to £7.2M to accommodate deadlines related to strategic developments which required an immediate start and prompt finish within a limited timescale.
We were tasked with drafting three sets of tender documents for the building, mechanical and electrical works, procuring the services of the successful contractors and reporting on the tenders received in time for start of the MTCs.
We managed and administered the costs of increasing workload, maintaining the monthly valuation process and reporting.
- Close liaison with the client's team ensured that we received a clear brief, avoiding any ambiguities in the tender documents leading to zero queries from the tenderers and a fast track tender process being completed.
- Our best practice tender reports, valuation and cost reports were tailored to meet client requirements under the MTC.
- We worked closely with the client into the post contract phase and extended to engage with the three contractors with whom we were required to attend site for the purposes of re-measurement and agreement of costs as works were undertaken.
- A stringent and regular reporting process was established in agreement with the client leading to accurate cost updates for the three contracts compared with the respective budgets throughout the three year contract period.
Value and benefits
- The fast track process of procuring the works under each works order.
- Regular and continuous work load for the three contractors led to significant discounts being offered at tender stage against the National Schedule of Rates. The discounts remained applicable throughout the three year term.
- Cooperation and flexibility of the three contractors in the knowledge that a long term workload was available.