Development of the Olse revitalisation programme covered the identification and inventory of component biophysical, environmental, socio-economic and infrastructure conditions, plus the identification of critical areas and factors influencing water quality, flood hazards and landscape use.
Using an integrated approach, we identified and prioritised a number of proposed mitigations and interventions. After conducting a feasibility study of proposed actions we presented our recommendations. These comprised a series of bankable development packages aimed at improving the infrastructure for water and wastewater treatment and sewerage, along with flood protection measures and a scientific approach to landscape utilisation.
Our proposed approach to flood protection involved a land use masterplan integrating the upper and lower watersheds. We advised on the preparation of technical documents, taking into account the future financing of specific project packages using EU and EIB funds.
We provided a wide range of services for this vital scheme, from project identification and concept formulation to the creation of the technical framework. Key services included:
- Project management
- Watershed masterplan and feasibility
- Evaluation of engineering design documentation
- Assessment of implementation needs, technical documents and feasibility of mitigation measures
- Assessment of environmental hazards including water quality pollution sources and flood hazard
- Project monitoring
- Participatory coordination of planning with stakeholders