Award-winning transaction and post-acquisition support
Mott MacDonald is one of the world’s most experienced aviation market development and privatisation advisory consultancies. We've advised governments, civil aviation authorities, airlines, airport companies, equity investors and the providers of debt finance with regards to privatisation, project finance, technical, business planning and transaction advice for >$75 billion of airport assets in over 100 countries.
Many of the projects we've played a key role in have gone on to win major awards. Key examples include:
- San Juan Airport – winner of 2013 North American Transport Deal of the year (Project Finance Magazine)
- Zagreb Airport – winner of 2013 European Airport Deal of the Year (Project Finance Awards)
- Antalya Airport – winner of 2013 Europe’s Best Airport: 10-25 million passengers, Airport Council International (ACI)
- Madinah Airport – winner of 2012 Middle East and Africa Infrastructure Deal of the Year (PFI Awards) and IFC Emerging Partnerships Bronze award.
- Durban Airport – winner of 2013 Best Airport in World: <5 million="" passengers=""><!--5-->
- Hong Kong Airport – winner of 2011 World Airport of the Year (Skytrax)
- Pulkovo Airport – winner of the 2011 Transport Deal of the Year award (Infrastructure Journal) and IFC Emerging Partnerships Silver award.
Our advisory support, whether technical, operational or financial, is delivered from the perspective of risk reduction and enhancing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of airports and airline ownership. This is why we're retained as lenders technical and business advisor on numerous airport development, privatisation and concession based airports around the world during this operational period.
Our leading reputation in helping to assemble, challenge and deliver ‘bankable’ business plans for debt and equity providers is reflected by the prestigious awards we continually win. For example, Mott MacDonald has been named Best Technical Advisor at the Private Partnership Awards seven times in the last nine years.