- The £5.5BN programme has involved major re-modelling of Farringdon, Blackfriars and London Bridge stations and infrastructure upgrades throughout.
- A key aim is to offer more frequent services - for example, 24 12-car trains per hour by 2017.
- Our experts have been incorporated within Network Rail's in-house Thameslink central engineering team to provide niche specialists and resources as required.
- Providing a flexible resource base which facilitates a responsive and proactive approach to the resolution of various emerging requirements.
- Balancing economies of scale and consistency through careful and appropriate coordination of work
Our requirements management services involved improving the design specification, defining and developing requirements specifications for the RAM design and programme and providing verification and validation. A scoping exercise was used to assess the approach for verificaton and validation, configuration and change control across the route. Our role so far has been key to identifying and ranking technical interfaces for various projects.
Value and benefits
Our multidisciplinary expertise and long history of developing rail projects – of all types – has enabled us to provide effective and practical solutions to cut costs as well as bring forward the timely delivery of the programme.