- Hundred and sixty five schools will be built or renovated under the initiative, with a total build area covering 625,000sq m.
- A total of €1.5BN is to be invested in the initiative, making it one of the largest public private partnerships (PPP) in Europe.
- We're providing due diligence and construction monitoring for individual schools and the overall programme.
- Client is DBFM Scholen van Morgen, a special purpose company responsible for the design, construction, financing and 30-year maintenance of the schools.
- The first school opened is Londerzeel technical secondary school in Flanders.
Given the scale of the programme and the diversity of the projects involved it is critical that advisory services to the lenders are comprehensive yet simple. We have developed a systematic reporting methodology at both programme level and for each individual school, allowing the lenders to make informed decisions within a tight timeframe.
As the first PPP of its kind and scale, our vast expertise in risk management has proved to be a valuable contribution to the success of the scheme.