The challenges you face
Efficient and effective service delivery is essential hygiene for today’s organisations. This common driver for organisations to seek continual business improvement is often, itself, driven by:
- Reduced income or budgets
- Continuous customer demand for innovation. What delighted customers in the past are now expected features
- Degrading of organisational performance or a failure to meet targets
- Reduced customer satisfaction and/or increased customer complaints
- Reduced reliability and increased levels of rework
- Past solutions to these issues are no longer effective
All of these factors combine together to increase organisational risk. We can help you solve the dilemma of improving services whilst simultaneously cutting the delivery costs. We recognise that a focus on cost cutting alone frequently delivers less benefits than anticipated at the expense of reducing front-line capabilities and quality. Likewise, a focus on customer service frequently fails to have any positive impact.
How we deliver business improvement
Our first steps to implementation change are to build a compelling case for change which rests on an accurate diagnosis of the organisational context and specific issues faced. To formulate this diagnosis we take into account:
- The customer definition of value. They are the ultimate judge of quality and should drive everything else.
- The strategic alignment of all staff and teams to establish whether they are working towards common, easily understood goals.
- A whole system view that addresses all organisational aspects including people, processes, resources, hard and soft systems, formal structures and external driving factors.
We then sue our compelling case for change to deliver improvement using:
- An inclusive approach - We ensure all stakeholders get involved in change to produce vigorous solutions based on consensus. This also enable them to show commitment and to make change both effective and sustainable. We will also challenge you to push further than you, perhaps, though possible and then support you to help you find ways to achieve your goals.
- Effective demand management - We help you to understand your customer demand and then match appropriate resources to meet it.
- Staff development - We support staff through the change process by providing guidance, training and coaching on how to achieve what they want and realise continuous improvement.
How we are configured to meet your needs
- Do it for you. We have the skills and experience of supporting a wide range of organisations in rethinking their services to achieve performance improvements and tangible benefits.
- Do it with you. Our experienced consultants are able to work in partnership with your team coaching and mentoring them to deliver effective change together.
- Train you to do it. For true long term sustainability and continuous improvement we are able to work with you to select, train and develop your own change team.