Our economic, social and market research team is made up of a unique combination of professional researchers and analysts with expert consultants specialising in various global sectors including transportation environment, utilities, health, public services, energy, civil structures and communications. We are committed to acting ethically and responsibly, making a difference to our clients and the customers and communities they serve, all while promoting social, economic and environmental sustainability.
We provide a range of quantitative and qualitative research services to provide insight into peoples' attitudes, behaviour, and underlying factors that influence decisions.
We offer key skills in the areas of:
- Attitude and behaviour monitoring
- Customer satisfaction measurement
- Public/stakeholder engagement and consultation
- Policy and scheme evaluation/appraisal
- Product development
- Impact assessments
- Prioritisation techniques
- Willingness to pay
- Choice modelling
Our work is carried out by experienced researchers using high quality research methods. The team includes quantitative research specialists with expertise in sample design, questionnaire design, advanced statistics and the reporting and presentation of quantitative data. We also have trained qualitative researchers with expertise in depth interviewing, focus group moderation, cognitive, deliberative and projective techniques, ethnography and the analysis and reporting of qualitative data. We offer technical advice on measurement and analysis techniques in both quantitative and qualitative research and we are at the forefront of innovations and applications in areas such as data collection, monitoring and evaluation and consultation.
We offer a comprehensive data collection and survey fieldwork service. Through our network of fieldwork partners we have access to trained and accredited interviewers with experience in on-street and household interviewing, telephone surveys, mystery shopping and hall tests as well as the design and administration of postal and on-line surveys. We have experience in conducting fieldwork with members of the public, consumers, stakeholders and businesses.
Mott MacDonald is a Market Research Society company partner and our team includes full members of the MRS as well as hold membership of the Social Research Association, Association of Qualitative Researchers; Association of Survey Computing and the British Psychological Society. All research is undertaken to exacting professional, quality and ethical standards in accordance with the MRS Code of Conduct and Data Protection legislation.
We have applied our knowledge and expertise to a range of project over the last twelve months including:
- Supporting consumer insight training for the Unilever research and development academy – helping their product designers consumer test their ideas in live focus group situations.
- Working with Thames Water to help them develop their long term strategy for service development to meet OFWAT requirements, customer needs and sustainability objectives.
- Supporting the delivery by Centro of a series of major public consultation events relating to the expansion of Midland Metro in Birmingham City Centre in response to the developments around HS2 and the New Street Gateway project.