Leading edge expertise
Our skills have been employed to support a varied portfolio of airline projects across the world covering:
- Airline strategy and industry affairs, including regulation, policy matters, mergers, acquisitions and business modelling.
- Commercial and sales, including strategic, market planning, positioning, alliances and code shares, pricing, revenue management, sales and marketing strategies.
- Financial and legal, including budgeting, cost, revenue diagnostics and expert witness in aviation matters.
- Business and route planning, including passenger and cargo demand forecasting, aircraft performance, route evaluation, slot management, fleet planning and maintenance.
- Customer services including research, insight, customer relations and consumer protection.
- Operations, including performance monitoring, optimisation, start-up, benchmarking and technology implementation.
- Environmental/social and other areas, such as feasibility assessments, aviation conference speaking and industry lobbying.
For Air Southwest Limited, a UK regional airline we manage their revenue and distribution department as well as developing strategies for revenue improvement across the airline’s network. We improved the day to day efficiency of the team and introduced new revenue strategies linked with pricing initiatives to grow revenue per flight.
We produced a feasibility study for a new airline to operate domestic air cargo services in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Through our knowledge of the African market we provided an independent market assessment and verification of demand in an area with little reliable data. We provided a model to evaluate the route combination and aircraft type to ensure the production of an optimal flying schedule. All our work was inputted directly into the client's business plan.
We help owners and operators to achieve strategic objectives and add long-term value by optimising performance. We plan investment and maintenance so assets are always in appropriate condition and operate to the highest efficiency standards. Our capability covers terminal buildings, aircraft, baggage handling, ICT, refuelling and apron guidance systems, apron floodlighting and aircraft parking area design.
Our expertise covers aerospace assessment and safeguarding to the design of airfield systems. We advise airports, developers and planners on the constraints which they may need to overcome when proposing development in the vicinity of an airport. In the UK, we provide safeguarding maps, advice on public safety zones and also offer auditing of airport safeguarding teams.
We undertook the aviation assessment for a vertical theme park tower concept within the centre of Birmingham. This involved assessing the location of the tower with respect to the airport, the operational routings used by aircraft and the towers’ position with respect to the obstacle limitation surveys.