You are our future. Start your promising career with us.
An apprenticeship is a fantastic way to get started in our industry. Not only will you be working on community-enhancing projects and earning a salary straight away, but you will attend university or college to gain a professionally recognised qualification and can put what you’ve learnt in to practice right away.
We offer an inclusive and supportive environment in which everyone is guided every step of the way. As soon as your join, you’re assigned a professional mentor in addition to a line manager who undergoes training on how to support apprentices. If you have the desire and enthusiasm, we’ll teach you the rest!
At Mott MacDonald we offer three types of apprenticeships:
- Advanced apprenticeship; for students leaving school with GCSEs or A Levels/Highers who want to achieve a Level 3 qualification, with the potential to progress to a degree apprenticeship.
- Degree apprenticeship; for students leaving with A Levels/Highers looking to get a degree.
- Scottish Modern apprenticeship; for students who have already achieved national 5 passes with grades A-C or equivalent, including Maths and two similar subjects such as English and Science.
Review our apprenticeship opportunities below.
|DISCIPLINE||Advanced Apprenticeship||Degree Apprenticeship|
|Civil engineering||Level 3 Diploma in Civil engineering||BSc (Hons) Civil engineering|
|Building services engineering||Level 3 Diploma in Building services engineering||BSc (Hons) Building services|
|Transport planning||Level 3 Diploma in Transport planning||BSc (Hons) Transport Planning|
|Quantity surveying||Not available||BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying|
|Project management||Not available||BSc Honours Degree in PM|
|Business administration||Level 3 Diploma in Business administration||Not available|
|Environment||Not available||BSc (Hons) in Environment Science|
|Bid proposals||Level 3 Diploma in Bid Proposal Co-ordination||Not available|
Developing Your Future
You will be enrolled onto ‘Developing Your Future’, a two-year programme that helps you navigate that start of your career and to balance the commitments of work and education. The programme is delivered through virtual and face-to-face workshops and group challenges Not only is it an opportunity to learn, but also to build your internal network.
Expand your horizons as part of our global network
Within Mott MacDonald, the Early Careers Professionals (ECP) network is a progressive, innovative, and self-sustaining community that connects professionals in the first 10 years of their career. Through a variety of seminars and mentoring, the ECP network provides a challenging and supportive environment in which to learn new skills, gain confidence, and create new connections.
What else can you expect?
- Agile working options
- 25 days annual leave
- Paid for annual professional membership
- Biannual salary reviews for three years
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary
- Flexible options benefits scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Charity and community opportunities
- Employee led diversity networks
- Wellbeing initiatives and support
How do you apply?
We encourage you to apply as soon as the application window opens, as we assess applications on a rolling basis. Please keep in mind that you are not required to include a CV with your application.
1. Online assessment
2. Application form