Successful cities provide opportunity and amenity – from which stem innovation and entrepreneurship, jobs and economic vitality, learning, recreation, social care, artistic creativity and cultural richness.
These benefits are enabled by social and physical infrastructure systems that are closely integrated and mutually reinforcing – a joined-up system of systems.
Achieving ever-better social, economic and environmental outcomes requires in-depth knowledge of each system – and also of the connections between them all.
Because it is only through insight and understanding that synergies can be achieved, efficiencies realised, performance optimised, wellbeing advanced and new value created.
With depth and breadth of expertise in city design and management, our services include:
- strategic consultancy to plan, finance, create and sustain infrastructure for economic and social benefit at national, regional, city and district scale
- engineering, costing and project management services from inception, through design and delivery, to asset operation and management
- economic, environmental and social advice to steer an infrastructure project through statutory regulatory processes
Putting ‘smart’ into cities
The prevalence of smart technology and digital abundance has the potential to revolutionise the way cities operate. To achieve the true benefit of the smart revolution, the choice of technologies and the development of solutions has to be focused on improving outcomes for citizens. In that context, those aiming to provide smart city solutions should appreciate that the city remit covers social issues and safeguarding of the disadvantaged and isolated, not just economic growth and the support of the prosperous.
We are here to help you:
- Leverage the value of data for the benefit of the citizen.
- Harness smart technology and city data to achieve: enhanced insights into citizen aspirations and choices, increased efficiency and resilience of city services and improved economic and social outcomes.
We do this by:
- Finding ways to use scarce resources efficiently.
- Enabling adaptation, based on real-time intelligence and observed long-term trends.
- Providing domain expertise and stakeholder insight to tech companies bringing game changer services to cities.