Moata Carbon Portal allows detailed embodied carbon accounting and planning at all stages of the project. Our Carbon Portal is globally compliant with PAS2080 certification. The Portal delivers rapid calculations and insights that highlight major opportunities for innovation, efficiency and competitive advantage for clients and aligns these with their end goal of reducing their carbon emissions.
This technology helps clients from all industries with carbon mitigations and physical adaptation – on current and future projects. Ultimately we help clients in working towards a net-zero future that is achieved through knowledge, skills and our technology bringing enhancements to the entire supply value chain.
- Measures carbon footprint of BIM-designed assets.
- Rapid real-time carbon calculations.
- Easy user interface with a variety of data visualisations on calculation inputs.
- Multi-sector capabilities – selection of data rich libraries.
- Global interoperability.
- Project performance metrics and cost savings calculated in real-time.
- Key asset mapping with “hot-spotting” capabilities on designs.
- 33,000 data rich components available across many sectors.
- Integration with multiple industry standard design and modelling technologies.
- Off the shelf or bespoke configurations available.
- Design savings
- Up to 90% Project time savings reduction in carbon calculations vs. manual methods.
- Wrap around service provides 30 carbon assessments in 30 seconds.
- 8,740 tCO2e avoided utilising the Carbon Portal on the A303 Sparkford to Ilchester dualling scheme.
Environmental impact and risk management
- 16% carbon reduction at RIBA 3 project stage and £450k saving on disposal costs for TfL, Northern Line Extension.
- 651tCO2e saved, a 30% reduction, for Colwyn Bay Waterfront Enhancement Scheme.
- An extraordinary 99.9% reduction equating to 700tCO2e carbon reduction for a Yorkshire Water project where rigorous attention to carbon led to an alternative solution that did not involve building the new asset.