That’s the theme of the latest issue of Momentum, our customer magazine. Here’s just a taste of the project stories you’ll find between the covers:
- Age of the machines: How can we make use of overwhelming data streams from digital infrastructure, and where does the human workforce fit into a mechanised future?
- Rising to city challenges: We used our ingenuity to design a station extension in central Leeds that accommodates Victorian masonry, structural limitations, working in water and live rail lines.
- The Peruvian project that overcame European uncertainty: It took 11 months of negotiation to secure finance for a hydropower scheme against the backdrop of the Eurozone crisis.
- An affordable, sustainable future for the Olympics: The International Olympic Committee’s new vision for 2020 is unleashing better approaches to venue and event delivery.
- Six-star sustainability: South African government wanted a departmental office that would achieve a sustainability rating of four stars. Our design earned six!
There’s much more in this issue, including a new Chinese sports park that’s resilient to changing weather conditions; a new approach to sprayed concrete lining that we’re pioneering on London’s Crossrail project; and the unique challenges of building over rail stations.