Today, the realities of our world are transforming the energy sector at an unprecedented rate. The forces shaping the need for change include:
- Decarbonisation – urgent action required globally to help mitigate the impact of climate change.
- Digitalisation – the use of digital technologies and tools to manage supply and demand from electrified buildings and vehicles is leading to new business models.
- Decentralisation – consumption of energy near industrial production sites omits the need for production in plants.
- Democratisation – defined as consumers in developed countries wanting greater control and choice in their energy consumption.
Scaled renewables, storage options, information technology, smart technologies, policy frameworks and market instruments are enabling the global energy transition.
A growing number of countries are abandoning fossil fuels for generating electricity. A whole energy systems approach is recognised as the most effective way to meet climate targets and reduce air pollution moving forward, while enabling democratisation in developed economies. This means developing a portfolio of options for clean energy in all forms – electricity, heating and transport – and finding the best combinations to deliver value for business and consumers.
Working closely with our clients, we’re opening opportunities to develop responsible solutions that meet increasing demand as well as reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle – from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. And our expertise spans the full spectrum of energy and building and transport sectors.
Our ongoing commitment to sustainability ensures we deliver future-focused, optimised solutions for projects – including environmental and social review.
- Energy access
- Integrated energy systems
- Oil and gas
- Renewable generation
- Thermal generation
- Transmission and distribution networks
- Technical advisory
- Market analysis
- Institutional strengthening
- Feasibility studies
- Due diligence
- Owner’s engineering
- Asset management
- Cost management
- Engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM)
- Project and programme management
- Energy modelling
- Data sciences/data analytics
- Environment and social assessment
- Decommissioning or life extension