Social safeguarding is a requirement of most projects, driven by the policies of multilateral financial institutions, the private finance sector’s Equator Principles, and local legislation.
We provide social sustainability services worldwide, tailored to specific infrastructure and planning projects and countries and customers. Our social scientists have expertise in a range of sectors including energy, transport, water, and industry.
Mott MacDonald works with our customers and local communities to provide social safeguard protection and, where possible, enhance social development benefits to deliver sustainable infrastructure projects.
Our international development services in social sustainability include these:
- Social impact assessments
- Due diligence
- Equator Principles compliance
- Social risk management and monitoring, and social safeguard action planning
- Initial poverty and social assessments
- Resettlement policy frameworks and action plans
- Public consultation, disclosure, and stakeholder engagement planning
- Labor audits and labor management planning
- Health impact assessments
- Indigenous peoples, gender, and livelihoods assessments