Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Signal Design Engineer/Specialist:
Mott MacDonald is hiring a Signal Design Engineer/Specialist to be based in Chicago, IL. The selected hire will work under the direction of a Senior Signal Engineer designing railway and transit signal and communications systems. Responsibilities Include:
Perform detailed train control system application design including
1. Hardware applications
2. Software applications
3. Control Lines Speed and Aspect Charts
4. Calculation of approach times and distances, braking distances, electrical loads, etc.
Review and prepare technical documentation including:
- Review construction submittals for compliance with contract documents and industry standards
- Prepare contract documentation including plans and specifications for train control system construction contracts
- Prepare construction cost estimates for train control system work
- Provide input on design time for contract proposals
Project management and coordination:
1. Liaise with client on a regular basis and address client needs
2. Prepare design and construction schedules
3. Coordinate activities with vendors, contractors, other consultants and clients
4. Coordinate with third parties like utilities, regulatory authorities and municipal organizations
5. Monitor performance against budget and schedule
Experience with train control technology including relay applications, vital and non-vital microprocessor hardware and software applications, track circuits, signals and switch machines.
• Experience with audio frequency track circuits and cab signals
• Experience with railroad and transit communications systems. Results oriented.
• Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
• Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
• Must be familiar with train control industry standards, FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines
• Minimum of 5 years of responsible in charge experience with train control and communications system design and/or implementation
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals