Heritage and archaeology are foundations of a society’s culture; developments that may affect them must be planned to minimise the impacts on cost and programme. We work in partnership with our diverse client base, which includes the private and public sectors, to help them manage change and make the most of the opportunities the historic environment offers.
If you have a passion for the past, combined with relevant qualifications and experience, then we want to speak with you about this vacancy! Are you ready for the challenge?
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
You will work on everything from advising on how to manage the historic environment as part of large national infrastructure schemes, to assessing heritage impacts of smaller development sites. Our range of work will give you the opportunity to get involved in many aspects of the historic environment, including historic buildings, archaeological sites and the historic landscape, allowing you to apply and expand your existing knowledge and develop new skills.
You will also work within wider multidisciplinary project teams, which will aid your development through understanding the different challenges that each technical area faces, and working collaboratively to generate the best outcomes.
Depending on your skills and our project requirements your work is likely to cover:
- Archaeology and heritage assessment reports
- Heritage constraints mapping using GIS
- Archaeological fieldwork management
- Site walk-over surveys
- Historic building recording and assessment
- Relevant archaeology or heritage-related degree
- Keen interest in developing your career in consultancy
- Full driving licence - willing to travel as needed (including abroad)
- Some professional experience in archaeology, built heritage or historic environment planning would be useful, but not necessary