Senior Social Consultant
- Interesting and varied projects across South East Asia and the wider region.
- Develop your talent and grow your career with us.
- Be part of our collaborative and supportive team in Singapore.
You’ll be part of a team that has a track record of successfully undertaking environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA) and due diligence of renewable energy and other critical infrastructure projects. We enable our clients to secure financing through timely delivery of comprehensive ESIAs, meeting the needs of a variety of financing institutions within the context of international environmental and social performance standards or safeguards. We also support investors in assessing projects and assist in their decision-making processes resulting in responsible investment.
- Lead and contribute to social impact assessments, monitoring, and action planning.
- Conduct human rights impact assessments & gender analysis and action planning.
- Undertake land acquisition, resettlement, livelihood restoration, and community development plans, as well as indigenous peoples’ plan.
- Work on social due diligence and Equator Principles compliance reviews and audits.
- Be involved in public consultation, disclosure and stakeholder engagement planning.
- Gain experience working on labour audits and labour management planning.
- Exposure to community health and safety impact assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline related to sociology, social development, or similar. (Masters or post graduate qualifications preferred).
- Excellent English language skills (spoken and written) and at least one regional south-east Asian language skill.
- Extensive experience in working with international social frameworks such as IFC Performance Standards, ADB Safeguards, or World Bank Environmental and Social Framework.
- Project management and leadership experience, including coaching and mentoring junior staff.
Our vision is to ensure that all of Mott MacDonald's projects are contributing positively to social development.
We want to help our clients deliver growth and outcomes which are socially inclusive, helping to realise fairer, more equitable and more sustainable societies.
Our objectives are to:
- Help our clients and colleagues deliver socially inclusive infrastructure, services, growth and outcomes.
- Be the consultant of choice for social inclusion, development and research services.
- Drive growth and commercial success through connected and collaborative working.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence