Senior Environmental & Social Consultants (Singapore & Jakarta)
- Diverse mix of projects to allow you to develop in new ways and realise your potential.
- Play a part in driving our services forward to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be part of our collaborative and supportive team in either Singapore or Jakarta.
- Manage projects including preparation of project work plans, schedules, budgets, the management of all technical activities and people coordination.
- Contribute to environmental and social studies, analysis and reporting related to environment projects.
- Conduct field surveys, sampling activities, supervise sub-contractors, and stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure compliance of project activities with national environmental regulations and international E&S standards.
- Enhance your relationship management skills by working collaboratively with clients and internal teams to ensure that environmental considerations are taken into account.
- Think and work globally in partnership with E&S teams across Mott MacDonald.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline related to environment, ecology/biodiversity, or social sciences (Masters or post-grad qualifications highly desirable).
- 8+ years’ experience working as an environmental and/or social practitioner/consultant carrying out environmental and social impact assessments, due diligence reviews and/or preparing management plans.
- Excellent English language skills (spoken and written) and at least one regional southeast Asian language.
- Experience working with international social frameworks such as IFC Performance Standards, ADB Safeguards, or World Bank Environmental and Social Framework.
- Environmental impact assessments including baseline studies, impact assessments, and/or environmental modelling.
- Biodiversity assessments based on national and international standards including IFC PS6.
- Social baseline studies, impact assessment, and preparation of social development, resettlement, and/or indigenous people plans.
- Use of ArcGIS software to generate drawings, layouts, maps, and graphics using to support environmental and biodiversity assessments, or other relevant digital tools.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence